Own The Way You Work
Imagine a job, where you can work anytime you want, wake up at 10am after a long night and still have enough time to recover, go to work or even work from the comfort of your home.
Do you think you have to be a freelancer, travel blogger or pro surfer to have this kind of freedom?... well, NOT REALLY :-)
Swiss Re came up with a new initiative called OWN THE WAY YOU WORK (OTWYW) which empowers its employees to make their working models much more flexible. This means to work anytime between 06:00 - 22:00, to flexibly shift working hours within whole one quarter and to take home office occasionally, if business needs and team agreements are met.
... and here the CHALLENGE arises. Let`s step into shoes of a team leader, who needs to ensure his business stakeholders are satisfied with his team's service delivery, meaning he/she also needs to manage common team activities & agenda and make sure his/her team members will work and cooperate together, creating good relationships and team spirit to follow and reach common goals.
HOW WOULD YOU ACHIEVE THAT?
Start by following these 3 steps:
1. First of all learn more about the OTWYW (*document will be send to you via email once you like/ accept the challenge) initiative and write a SUMMARY to be able to better understand and present its main features and benefits.
2. Imagine your team consists of following employees:
- 1. team member - mum of 2 kids, who recently returned from maternity leave
- 2. team member - employee from Eastern Slovakia, working in the team for 4 years
- 3. team member – an Italian new to Slovakia, working for the company for half a year
- 4. team member - fresh graduate with almost no working experience
- 5. team member – part-time student
For sure you know similar types of people. Think about this team setup and suggest what preferences and demands might the employees have. Elaborate on connected risks and opportunities. Create an ANALYSIS
3. Based on your previous analysis, propose team agreements, arrangements and activities which would answer those preferences and demands, strengthening the team spirit and fulfilling business needs at the same time – ACTIVITIES
FINAL REPORT: Last but not least, put all your findings and analysis together and create final report consisting of each step you went through (summary + analysis + activities) including your final conclusions.
Additional information about Swiss Re
Swiss Re was established in 1863 and in 2007 Swiss Re Bratislava became a part of it. Since then we have managed to grow rapidly and our office in Bratislava currently occupies around 900 employees and planning to grow up to 1200 till 2017.
Most of our work at Swiss Re is concerned with reinsurance. Simply said, it’s insurance for insurance companies. But, of course, it isn’t that simple. It’s a complex and fascinating business that draws on insights from every scientific discipline. Many of the risks the world faces today are far too great to be borne by insurance companies alone. Only by sharing the risk with reinsurers like Swiss Re they can continue to offer cover against these huge risks and keep prices at affordable levels.